Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Newbie Web Service Question regarding User Controls

Newbie Web Service Question regarding User Controls

Billy Boy

Can I return a user control from a Web Service?

I have a Web Page that has a Placeholder on it and I wish to populate
this placeholder with a "user control" that is build in a Web Service.

Jan Tielens

No, that is not possible. The usercontrol is not serializable.

--
Greetz,
Jan

"Billy Boy" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Can I return a user control from a Web Service?
>
> I have a Web Page that has a Placeholder on it and I wish to populate
> this placeholder with a "user control" that is build in a Web Service.

Billy Boy

I'm not total sure what you mean but thanks for replying anyway ...

May be I should browse/post a question regarding the subject.

Once again thanks

Billy