Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Will .Net Web Services support Attachments

Will .Net Web Services support Attachments

Matthew Perrins

We have a customer who is planning to build a Rich Client with .Net and communicate with a WebSphere J2EE Application Server using Web Services. The would also like to have binary attachment support through these services. We have been able to demonstrate a Java Client calling J2EE WebServices using Web Services attachments but would like demo .Net doing the same

Thank

Matt Perrin
IBM Software Services

Jan Tielens

Take a look at DIME in WSE:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservice...e/default.aspx

http://tinyurl.com/2pg2j
Using Web Services Enhancements to Send SOAP Messages with Attachments
See how Web Services Enhancements for Microsoft .NET supports sending
attachments using DIME and WS-Attachments specifications.

--
Greetz,
Jan

"Matthew Perrins" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have a customer who is planning to build a Rich Client with .Net and

communicate with a WebSphere J2EE Application Server using Web Services. The
would also like to have binary attachment support through these services. We
have been able to demonstrate a Java Client calling J2EE WebServices using
Web Services attachments but would like demo .Net doing the same.

> Thanks
>
> Matt Perrins
> IBM Software Services

Z D

Could you just convert the file to a binary array and send it along to the
webservice? The receiver just reassembles the bytes and writes it to
disk/wherever?

We do this for an internal application and it works like a charm.

Does anybody know the drawbacks of doing this vs. using WS-Attachment?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...