Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Tracking IP

Tracking IP

Seth

Ok, I have website hosting on a server. Is there a way for me to write a program that will track what IP addresses are hitting me site and write them to a textfile

Thanks seth

Seth N

Great, thank you. Hey is there a way to get this to work with just html code. Forgive me if that is a stupid questions. But I'm new to web programming.

Paul

This has to be done on an ASP/APSX page and HTML pages cannot handle any
server code. Just change the extention of your page to .ASP on add the
following code

Your IP address is <%= Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR") %>

If you want to store this to a file then you will need more code.

P.

"Seth N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Great, thank you. Hey is there a way to get this to work with just html

code. Forgive me if that is a stupid questions. But I'm new to web
programming.

Fix Google Tracking/redirect URLs, Proxo filter Splibbilla Firefox 2 07-23-2005 09:13 AM
Tracking Someone Tracking Me Edw. Peach Computer Security 4 07-07-2005 05:50 PM
Tracking Warning bluehmann \(removethis\) @mchsi.com Microsoft Certification 2 12-11-2003 02:31 PM
Session tracking David Frauzel Perl 2 09-16-2003 12:37 AM
HSRP and TRACKING SERIAL PORTS Mark Holloway Cisco 1 07-15-2003 01:58 PM

Advertisments