Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to keep Service Running?

How to keep Service Running?

bbenham

Newbie question.. I want my web service to stay resident and never shut down, or at least have a long timeout period before it does. What settings can I make to have this happen?

If I can make it run forever, is there some sort of command I can issue to it to tell it to shut-down

Silan

Assuming your web service is hosted by IIS - in other words you are running it on Windows Server or XP or 2000 - once it is runnable it is always runnable. To shut it down, go to “Control Panel” | “Administrative tools” | “Internet Information Services” | “Web sites” | “Default web sites” | right-click the web site | “Properties” , in "Execute Permissions" drop-down list, choose "None".