Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Accessing Active Directory

Accessing Active Directory

Markus Alexander

Hello there

I've got a little problem when trying finding the person behind a global
address book entry.
Some background infos: I have an Webservice which looks up some Contacts in
the public folder of an Exchange Server 2000. I read the eMailaddress, but
its normally an "EX" entry which means that it points to the global address
book entry of the Contact. Then I use directoryservices and make a query on
this field to get the SMTP addres of the person. This works very good when I
use my test application - I get the eMail-Address. But when I run the same
code in a WebService every field of the Person I get is Null except of the
adsPath.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Is there another way to get the SMTP
address of a contact?

Thans
Markus Alexander

Jan Tielens

You should check if the account that your web service is using to access the
AD has enough rights (probably this is the ASPNET account).

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens

news:40370cec$(E-Mail Removed)...