Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Pass objects from and to web services

Pass objects from and to web services

Gang Sheng

Hi, I am trying to call a web service and get a value object and send the same object back to another web service. Although the two services share the same dll, they are different asmx files. This produced a problem for me since in VS.NET I have to assgin different c# namespaces to the two web services. And I can not cast between Services1.valueObject and Service2.valueObject in the client code

Any ideas

Jan Tielens

This can be done by splitting the WSDL into separate parts. There is an
article that describes how to do this:
http://tinyurl.com/24qdv
Splitting up WSDL: The Importance of targetNamespace
Scott Seely
Microsoft Corporation

August 20, 2002

WSDL into component pieces based on the XML namespace. This allows for reuse
of the XML Schema definitions and WSDL elements. (13 printed pages)

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

"Gang Sheng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I am trying to call a web service and get a value object and send the

same object back to another web service. Although the two services share the
same dll, they are different asmx files. This produced a problem for me
since in VS.NET I have to assgin different c# namespaces to the two web
services. And I can not cast between Services1.valueObject and
Service2.valueObject in the client code.

> Any ideas?

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

Also the "Sharing Types" article in the same series
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ce07162002.asp
-D

news:(E-Mail Removed)...