Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Viewing ASMX

Viewing ASMX

thecodefool

Hi
I have created several webservices, I need to do some better documentation than what is available now.

I would like to create some sort of Description, Code section i.e. how to invoke a certain method in like a code block and so on

This is all good, but isn't there an easier way

Could I use a stylesheet

Any answer would be appreciated or a sample would be better :-

Thanks

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

2 ideas

- replace the DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.asmx with your own code.
- rather than put the doc in the attribute eg
webMethod[(Description="lots and lots of html")]
put a reference in the attribute. Eg
webMethod[(Description="see http://myserver/webservice/doc.html")]

and post the HTML where you want it.

"thecodefool" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have created several webservices, I need to do some better

documentation than what is available now.

> I would like to create some sort of Description, Code section i.e. how to

invoke a certain method in like a code block and so on.

> I can do this by typing out the html like this

this is a new line<p style='color:green'>THis could be a code block</p>")]