Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebService on https

WebService on https

priyanka_s@mindtree.com

I have a webservice setup for which I want to use client certificates. I installed a Web-Server certificate on my web server. I then generated and
installed a client-certificate for my web browser.My web browser can now connect to the web service, and the web service recieves the client
certificate.

Trying to consume a webservice through aspx page over SSL with Client Certificate and getting below error.

[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.]
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream) +1130
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +216

Jan Tielens

Are you connection from a web app?

If you are connection from an ASPX (wep app) to your web service, then you
are probably using the ASPNET account to connect to the web service. So you
have to make sure that the ASPNET account also has acces to the client
certificate!

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

"Priyanka Shivaram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a webservice setup for which I want to use client certificates. I

installed a Web-Server certificate on my web server. I then generated and
> installed a client-certificate for my web browser.My web browser can now

connect to the web service, and the web service recieves the client
> certificate.
>
> Trying to consume a webservice through aspx page over SSL with Client

Certificate and getting below error.

> [WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClient
Message message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream) +1130
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String

methodName, Object[] parameters) +216

> Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

ASP.NET resources...