Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to generate schema for existing web method?

How to generate schema for existing web method?

Chris

I have 2 completed web methods which accept posted parameter values and spit
out the appropriate XML structure as a response.

What is the best way to generate a schema for these web services? Should I
just write them manually, or is there a mechanism which does this for me
based on the XML output?

Thanks,
Chris

Marshal Antony

Hi Chris,
As you have created a web service,there is a way for the developers who
will develop the consuming applications to find
out about the methods exposed by the web service.This process is called
discovery.
The description of the web service is contained in as
service description document,an XML document written in a
format called WSDL(Web Service Description Language).There are 2 ways to
see the WSDL document.
The fiirst is to enter the URL of the web service .asmx file in a
browser to generate the web service test page.Near the top of
the test page will be a link to a Service Description.That link will lead
to the WSDL document.
An alternative is,enter the URL for the web service .asmx file in a
browser with ?WSDL appended to the end of the URL.
You can create a .disco file as well which is an XML file
located in the same virtual directory as the .asmx file.

Here is a link on MSDN on enabling discovery for an
XML Web Service.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...webservice.asp

Hope this helps.
Regards,