Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > consuming web services record set

consuming web services record set

DC Gringo

I'm trying to consume a web service and use xslt transformation to display a
simple HTML table with a record set from a SQL database. I have put
together the web form using a static xml file full of data. Now I'm trying
to draw the data out using a component and an xsd.

With this new setup, in my web form, what replaces my DocumentSource
attribute?

<asp:Xml id="Xml1" runat="server" DocumentSource="allCountries.xml"
TransformSource="style.xslt"></asp:Xml>

Here's my code behind on my web form (below it is my xsd):

Public Class index1
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

InitializeComponent()
Me.CountryData = New
LisExplorerV1.LISXMLWebServiceReference.countries1
CType(Me.CountryData,
System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginIni t()
'
'CountryData
'
Me.CountryData.DataSetName = "countries1"
Me.CountryData.Locale = New
System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US")
CType(Me.CountryData,
System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit( )

End Sub
Protected WithEvents CountryData As
LisExplorerV1.LISXMLWebServiceReference.countries1
Protected WithEvents Xml1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Xml

Designer.
'Do not delete or move it.

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
InitializeComponent()
End Sub

#End Region

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
End Sub

End Class

MY XSD:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<xs:schema id="allCountries"
targetNamespace="http://www.tempuri.org/allCountries.xsd"
xmlns:mstns="http://www.tempuri.org/allCountries.xsd"
xmlns="http://www.tempuri.org/allCountries.xsd"
xmlnss="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-comml-msdata"
attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified">
<xs:element name="allCountries" msdata:IsDataSet="true">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:choice maxOccurs="unbounded">
<xs:element name="OrgCntry">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="CountryIdx" type="xs:short" minOccurs="0" />
<xs:element name="CountryCode" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"
/>
<xs:element name="CountryName" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"
/>
<xs:element name="CountryAKA" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"
/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>