Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Using OpenTravel specification in Web Services

Using OpenTravel specification in Web Services

Shaji Sethu

Hi,
I have been investigating the use of OTA specification for developing
web services (http://www.opentravel.org). These schemas were developed
primarily for Travel Industry and cover all facets from airlines to
hotels. At the outset OTA decided to support ebXML instead of WSDL and
WS-I. Now I can retrofit OTA schemas into WSDL to make it work. The
problem is that the schemas are quite convoluted and has multiple
includes and strange referencing and every time I run WSDL.EXE it falls
over with errors. My wsdl as such is fine as i verified it using XML Spy 5.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a successful development
experience with OTA messages on .NET platform, if so how they went about it.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Shaji Sethu

guest guest@anonymous.com

Hi Shaji,

Did you receive any comments on this?

We are experiencing exactly the same problem,
contact me. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

> Hi,
> I have been investigating the use of OTA specification for developing
> web services (http://www.opentravel.org). These schemas were developed
> primarily for Travel Industry and cover all facets from airlines to
> hotels. At the outset OTA decided to support ebXML instead of WSDL and
> WS-I. Now I can retrofit OTA schemas into WSDL to make it work. The
> problem is that the schemas are quite convoluted and has multiple
> includes and strange referencing and every time I run WSDL.EXE it falls
> over with errors. My wsdl as such is fine as i verified it using XML Spy 5.
>
> I just wanted to know if anyone has had a successful development
> experience with OTA messages on .NET platform, if so how they went about it.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Shaji Sethu
>

> .

vinicius.paiva vinicius.paiva is offline
Junior Member

Hi Shaji,

Did you evolve on this?
If so, can you share a sample .Net project?

My mail is vinicius.paiva_at_gmail.com