Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Unable to create web project

Unable to create web project

Herman

Hi group,
I'm not sure if here's the right subgroup to post my
question but just figure to give it a try. Anyway, When
I open a new ASP .NET Application project from VS.NET,
I had window showed 'Web Access Failed' with following
error msg:

The default web access mode for this project is set to
file share, but the project folder at
'http://localhost/Spikeshop' cannot be opened
with the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop'.

Unable to create Web project 'Spikeshop'. The file path
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop' does not correspond to
the URL 'http://localhost/Spikeshop'. The two need to
map to the same server location.

I'm using XP Pro w/ SP1, .NET FrameWork 1.1, v1.0.3705.
Any ideas?

Jan Tielens

I suggest you post this question in the ASP.NET or VisualStudio.NET
newsgroups, this one is for webservices.

--
Greetz,
Jan
> Hi group,
> I'm not sure if here's the right subgroup to post my
> question but just figure to give it a try. Anyway, When
> I open a new ASP .NET Application project from VS.NET,
> I had window showed 'Web Access Failed' with following
> error msg:
>
> The default web access mode for this project is set to
> file share, but the project folder at
> 'http://localhost/Spikeshop' cannot be opened
> with the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop'.
>
> Unable to create Web project 'Spikeshop'. The file path
> 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop' does not correspond to
> the URL 'http://localhost/Spikeshop'. The two need to
> map to the same server location.
>
> I'm using XP Pro w/ SP1, .NET FrameWork 1.1, v1.0.3705.
> Any ideas?

Try to create a virtual directory directory name as
Spikeshop and point it to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop