Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Problem of throwing exception (System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult::Complet ionPortCallback)

Problem of throwing exception (System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult::Complet ionPortCallback)

VincentWong

hi all,

We're getting a security exception (An unhandled exception of type
'System.Security.SecurityException' occurred in mscorlib.dll) on a
asychronous
callback(System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult: :CompletionPortCallback).T
his exception occurs when our control is embedded within an IE web page. A
connection is established after calling a web service, it keeps opened for a
period of time(observd by using netstat), it seems that when the connection
is closed(timed out), the exception is thrown. When the web service is
called again, no new connection is established(observed by using netstat),
then an exception, "The operation has timed-out", is thrown. It seems that
it tries to use the closed connection and it only happens when the control
is embedded in the IE.

Anybody have an idea solving this problem?

Thanks

Vincent

VincentWong

Hi all,

The problem is solved by setting the KeepAlive property of the
WebRequest
to False which force a new connection to be created for each call.

Thanks

Vincent
news:(E-Mail Removed)...