Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > ByRef "The test form is only available for requests from the local machine"

ByRef "The test form is only available for requests from the local machine"

Comic Relief

When trying to call a method, that contains a ByRef Primitive Type
(String), running on a remote machine, I get the message:

The test form is only available for requests from the local machine.

When calling the method in the browser on a local machine, I get the
message:

The test form is only available for methods with primitive types or
arrays of primitive types as parameters.

I have the correct nodes in the web.config (This fixed the problem, for
all methods without ByRef variables):

<add name="HttpSoap1.2"/>
<add name="HttpSoap"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
<add name="HttpGet"/>

I have run aspnet_regiis.exe -i

I have read this article on accessing methods from the browser:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../en-us/cpguide
/html/cpconaccessingwebservicesfrombrowser.asp

I am even aware of modifying Input and Output Only Arrays, using the
WSDL file (so I'm assuming ByRef is usable, from a web service)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../en-us/soap/ht
m/soap_overview_473o.asp?frame=true

Anyone know what I'm missing?

Thx

Merry Christmas

Jan Tielens

Strange... the test page should work with string values. Can you post the
webmethod declaration?

--
Greetz,
Jan
> When trying to call a method, that contains a ByRef Primitive Type
> (String), running on a remote machine, I get the message:
>
> The test form is only available for requests from the local machine.
>
> When calling the method in the browser on a local machine, I get the
> message:
>
> The test form is only available for methods with primitive types or
> arrays of primitive types as parameters.
>
> I have the correct nodes in the web.config (This fixed the problem, for
> all methods without ByRef variables):
>
> <add name="HttpSoap1.2"/>
> <add name="HttpSoap"/>
> <add name="HttpPost"/>
> <add name="HttpGet"/>
>
> I have run aspnet_regiis.exe -i
>
> I have read this article on accessing methods from the browser:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../en-us/cpguide
> /html/cpconaccessingwebservicesfrombrowser.asp
>
> I am even aware of modifying Input and Output Only Arrays, using the
> WSDL file (so I'm assuming ByRef is usable, from a web service)
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../en-us/soap/ht
> m/soap_overview_473o.asp?frame=true
>
> Anyone know what I'm missing?
>
> Thx
>
> Merry Christmas

Comic Relief

I just found that, although the page displays that message the request
works from the application.

I hadn't had the chance to test it, because of a "The operation has
timed-out." error while making the remote request to the web service,
caused by running my requesting application in debug mode.

I realized, I had to run the application from the directory by clicking
on it (without attaching the debugger) for it to not timeout.

Thanks for the reply all the same.

p.s. I forgot to change my name, no comic relief on this thread

news:(E-Mail Removed)...