Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > having multiple classes with WebMethods in single WebSerivce??

having multiple classes with WebMethods in single WebSerivce??

Farooq Khan

hi everybody,
i'm writing a web srevice having some functionality [WebMethods] that
logically shouldnt be the part of a single class. i tried using multiple
classes in the same .asmx.cs file (webservice). those classes are supposed
to have WebMethods of their own. but i cannot do that. the problem is that i
can only expose (as i have seen) single class having WebMethods.
let me know if i'm right about that?? and if i am, is there any way to do
that?? i just want to have different WebMethods in logically different
classes, all combined in single webservice.
Thanks.

Best Regards,
Farooq Khan

BruceJohnson

Only one class in an asmx file can expose web methods. However, from an
architectural perspective, I always felt it best to keep that class
down to a minimum. So all of the business logic should be in separate
classes anyway. But that's just one man's opinion.

Bruce Johnson
http://www.ObjectSharp.com/Bruce

Farooq Khan

thanks Bruce,
That's what i thought of...anyway....thanks for ur help!!

Best regards,
Farooq Khan

"BruceJohnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Only one class in an asmx file can expose web methods. However, from an
> architectural perspective, I always felt it best to keep that class
> down to a minimum. So all of the business logic should be in separate
> classes anyway. But that's just one man's opinion.
>
> Bruce Johnson
> http://www.ObjectSharp.com/Bruce

Simon Gorski

Hello Farooq,
look at this article....might help you...

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/031215.htm

simon g.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...