Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Accessing Data

Accessing Data

Mohan Gupta

Hi Friends,

Is there a way to access data from a website that displays
its data from a database.

For example if i visit
http://www.barnesandnoble.com, and if i search for a book
on VB.Net, then i would like to access the results of this
search programatically.

I am trying to access data which is stored in their
database.
Now i can access this data by reading the webpage which
contains the search result.
OR
If "Barnes And Noble" has created a Web Service, which
provides me the access to their database.
OR
If i have direct access to their database.

Are these the only options available to me, to access this
data.
Is there any other way i can get access to this data?

I will be very thankful if you could please provide me any
insight on this.

Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Mohan

Jan Tielens

Check out the answer to your question I posted in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices newsgroup!!

Btw, it's rather annoying posting the same question in many different
newsgroups...

--
Greetz,
Jan