Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Services (Deploy a Service)

Web Services (Deploy a Service)

Ricardo

I have a Web Service developed in .NET on Windows XP and
it works perfectly.

I want to deploy it to our Intranet server(Windows2003).
What is the procedure to do this. I do not think I should
have to install VS.NET on the intranet server.

I've tryed copying the directory structure an content
from the workstation to the server(on the server it has a
different root path). T test the service on its own on
the server and it responds that it is working.
however, when a client app. via the intranet server is
calls the webservice it gets a "HTTP status 401:
Unauthorized". What's curious also is that when the error
occurs in the "stack trace" section I get a path of the
app that exists only on the workstation it was developed.
"BGLevel.WebForm1.Calculate() in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bglevel\default.aspx.cs:296
"

NOTE: it was created on a workstation(WindowsXP) and I
want to deploy it on our intranet 2003-server.

Thank you.

Jan Tielens

If you've deployed the pdb files with your binaries (debug build in VS.NET),
then it will contain references to the source code on your dev. machine.
This is nothing special and won't cause any problems.

For your security problem, check out the Directory Security tab in IIS
Management: Authentication Control, I think you can solve your problem by
changing these settings.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

"Ricardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:08c201c3c3da$0332e5e0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have a Web Service developed in .NET on Windows XP and
> it works perfectly.
>
> I want to deploy it to our Intranet server(Windows2003).
> What is the procedure to do this. I do not think I should
> have to install VS.NET on the intranet server.
>
> I've tryed copying the directory structure an content
> from the workstation to the server(on the server it has a
> different root path). T test the service on its own on
> the server and it responds that it is working.
> however, when a client app. via the intranet server is
> calls the webservice it gets a "HTTP status 401:
> Unauthorized". What's curious also is that when the error
> occurs in the "stack trace" section I get a path of the
> app that exists only on the workstation it was developed.
> "BGLevel.WebForm1.Calculate() in
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bglevel\default.aspx.cs:296
> "
>
> NOTE: it was created on a workstation(WindowsXP) and I
> want to deploy it on our intranet 2003-server.
>
> Thank you.

I tryed that. It did not work. It still does not explain
why the error message on the server contains the path of
the workstation.

Jan Tielens

This explains why the exception contains the path!
If you've deployed the pdb files with your binaries (debug build in VS.NET),
then it will contain references to the source code on your dev. machine.
This is nothing special and won't cause any problems.

--
Greetz,
Jan
"Jan Tielens" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...