Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Problem accessing webservices

Problem accessing webservices

Kerry Matt

Hi All,
We have problems in accessing a WebService which is
running on a remote server from a ASPX application. It
gives us Un Authorized Exception. The Webservice is
using "Basing Authentication". Any idea of how to get it
work?.

Thanks in Advance.

Kerry Matt

Jan Tielens

Probably you didn't set the PreAuthenticate property to true, and passed the
current credentials:

Dim eng As New myWebservice.Service
eng.PreAuthenticate = True
eng.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
'This will pass the credentials of the currently logged on user
eng.DoSomething

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

"Kerry Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09f501c3c3c9$7f4fe0d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> We have problems in accessing a WebService which is
> running on a remote server from a ASPX application. It
> gives us Un Authorized Exception. The Webservice is
> using "Basing Authentication". Any idea of how to get it
> work?.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Kerry Matt

Kerry Matt

Thanks for your reply,
I need some clarifications, by
setting the Preauthenticate property are we sending the
credentials of the Web Service or the credentials of the
ASPX application. Since we run the ASPX application and
the Web Service on different systems i am having this
confusion.

Thanks in Advance,

KerryMatt

Jan Tielens

You are sending the credentials of the user that is using your
website/application if you have checked Integrated Windows Security in IIS
management. Otherwise you're sending the credentials of the account your
asp.net site is running under.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

"Kerry Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:079501c3c454$2a31ce70$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply,
> I need some clarifications, by
> setting the Preauthenticate property are we sending the
> credentials of the Web Service or the credentials of the
> ASPX application. Since we run the ASPX application and
> the Web Service on different systems i am having this
> confusion.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> KerryMatt

Kerry Matt

Thanks for your reply,

I am using Basic Authentication in IIS. Should i send
the credentials for the Remote WebServer or the
credentials of my local ASPX application.

Thanks in Advance
Kerry Matt

wrote
>> in message
>> >news:09f501c3c3c9$7f4fe0d0$(E-Mail Removed)...

which
>> is

It

get it

>> >.
>> >

>.

Jan Tielens

you should send the credentials of an account that has sufficient rights on
the remote server.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

"Kerry Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:099f01c3c486$bbb4b5b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I am using Basic Authentication in IIS. Should i send
> the credentials for the Remote WebServer or the
> credentials of my local ASPX application.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Kerry Matt

Kerry Matt

Does it means i have to hard code the User Name and
Password for the Remote Server.

Thanks in Advance

Kerry Matt.

wrote
>> in message
>> >news:079501c3c454$2a31ce70$(E-Mail Removed)...

the

the

and

Jan Tielens

Or you can put them in a config file, database, ... yes.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

"Kerry Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03ef01c3c4a3$bf7a6a10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does it means i have to hard code the User Name and
> Password for the Remote Server.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Kerry Matt.

Kerry Matt

Hi Jan,
Thanks very much for the clarification. It was a timely
help which means lot to us.

wrote
>> in message
>> >news:099f01c3c486$bbb4b5b0$(E-Mail Removed)...

send

<(E-Mail Removed)>

WebService

>> application.

Webservice
>> is

>> >.
>> >

>.

Dan Campbell

WOW! So that what I have been doing wrong. Thanks.

eng.PreAuthenticate = True