Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Limitation of users accessing my webservice

Limitation of users accessing my webservice

Jens Klingelhöfer

Hi,

how can I limit the number of users who are
accessing my ASP.NET webservice running on IIS 5.1?

Do I have to change settings of IIS or of
my ASP.NET webservice itself?

Jens

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

You want to limit the number of concurrent users?
You could do it in code with a lock on something in Application scope.
For example, see this counting semaphore
http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/U...4-9c8ef6abf733

Or, you could change thread settings in machine.config; but these would
apply to all ASP.NET apps on the machine. Maybe not what you want.

news:br898j$i6sj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...