Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Application not responding

Web Application not responding

Nedu N

Hi,

I am developing a ASP.NET web application which consumes a web service from
a remote machine...the problem that i am frequently facing is that
application is not responding (it just stays on the start page itself - when
doing F5 or CTRL+F5), but many time it is running fine..not able figure out
the cause for this...
i tried restarting the IIS..logging off the machine, restarting the machine
etc..

The web service is active and it is giving me immediate response when i try
running it manaullay...Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Nedu

Bruce Johnson

Where in your ASP.NET application is the processing
stopping? What code is being executed. Could it be
trying to find the remote web service and timing out?
The default user for ASP.NET might not have access the
the network in order to actually make the web service
calls.

Just some things to think about.

Bruce Johnson
http://www.objectsharp.com/Bruce