Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Webservice and Paradox - do they mix ??

Webservice and Paradox - do they mix ??

Jonas L

Hi,

I'm writing a webservice that's using a Paradox database to store the
data. I have written a small (windows form) test app that connects to
the Paradox database and that works fine. When I try to do the same in
a webservice I keep getting an error. I have used an ODBC connection
to connect and according to the ODBC error message the ODBC driver
can't find the data source. Error code [IM002].

My first thought was that this problem has something to with IUSER
account in my XP and the fact that Paradox is a file database. But
after having moved the database into the webservice folder and changed
the properties of the folder so that the IUSR account has all right it
still doesn't work.

Could someone help me? Am I on track or should I try something
different and if so what?

Regards
Jonas

Ruby and E.V.E. Paradox GD Ruby 33 01-23-2007 12:24 AM
Wireless Performance Paradox on Thinkpad T42p Sid Joyner Wireless Networking 0 09-06-2005 01:00 AM
Is this a PARADOX? =?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?= ASP .Net 3 09-05-2004 06:39 PM
comp.sys.mac.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows,comp.databases.paradox,comp.dcom.sys.cisco . Cisco 0 06-19-2004 07:48 AM