Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > please, read this exact problem in accessing java webservice from .NET client through VS.NET2003

please, read this exact problem in accessing java webservice from .NET client through VS.NET2003

narasimham

Hi Mr. Dino

Thank you very much for responding
I am using VS.NET 2003 only.
I am able to access otherwebservice hosted on internet. (samples ...)
http://otn.oracle.com/ws/oracle.otn.ws.scott.OTNDeptEmp

http://www.webservicex.net/BibleWebservice.asmx

http://ws.digiposs.com/WorldTime.jws

Previously I was unable to access the above webservice probably due to
your reason being i was using VS.NET 2002.
Now, i faced no problem in accessing in above webservices, all are
working fine.

I am able to access the webserivce through java client which is
developed by us.
When the reference file is generated the port info is given as
(constructor)...

public JDASWS() {
this.Url = http://dti.fusiontech.com:80/jdas/jdas;
}

where the webservice is running actually at port 8080.
The code I have written to access the webmethod say (login) is ...

com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS jdasws = new com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS();
jdasws.Timeout = -1;
jdasws.login("john","john","");

If the time out is not set to -1, the its saying "operation timed out",
otherwise the error message is ...

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
stem.web.services.dll
Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
error occurred on a receive."

If I change the port in reference.cs to 8080 (form 80) as
http://dti.fusiontech.com:8080/jdas/jdas,
The error occured is ..

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
system.web.services.dll
Additional information: The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error
( The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) does not use a recognized protocol.
Either the protocol is not supported or the request was not typed correctly.
Confirm that a valid protocol is in use (for example, HTTP for a Web
request). )."

We don't have any proxy servers in between.

For your reference, i am giving java code too, please go through

com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl jdasImpl =null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASInterface port=null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult sr=null;
try {
jdasImpl = new com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl();
port = jdasImpl.getJDASInterfacePort();
sr =
(com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult)por t.login2("john","john","De
sc",true);
}
catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

Please help me in figuring out the exact problem, and suggest me a
solution.

Thanks & Best Regards
Narasimham AVL

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...