Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > error in accessing webservice developed in Java from .NET client

error in accessing webservice developed in Java from .NET client

narasimham

Hi Masters

I have a webservice developed in Java which is running at port 8080.
I am getting operation timed out error.

I have tried by chaning the url to (reference.cs) file which is appened
by ":80" after web site address followed by name space etc.

Then it has waited upto 3 mins, then gave the same error.

Could you please hlep in getting around this problem.

Regards
Narasimham AVL

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

there was a problem in .NET V1.0 where wsdl.exe (and I believe VS.NET as
well) dropped the port from webservices not running at port 80.

However with .NET v1.1 and VS.NET 2003 this problem no longer occurs. You
can verify this by checking the generated reference.cs to see that the
proper webservice endpoint is used (including :8080 if appropriate).

Is the webservice accessible from non-.NET clients?

-Dino

"narasimham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Masters
>
> I have a webservice developed in Java which is running at port 8080.
> I am getting operation timed out error.
>
> I have tried by chaning the url to (reference.cs) file which is

appened
> by ":80" after web site address followed by name space etc.
>
> Then it has waited upto 3 mins, then gave the same error.
>
> Could you please hlep in getting around this problem.
>
> Regards
> Narasimham AVL

narasimham

Hi Mr. Dino

Thank you very much for responding
I am able to access the webserivce through java client.
When the reference file is generated the port info is given as
(constructor)...

public JDASWS() {
this.Url = http://dti.fusiontech.com:80/jdas/jdas;
}

where the webservice is running actually at port 8080.
The code I have written to access the webmethod say (login) is ...

com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS jdasws = new com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS();
jdasws.Timeout = -1;
jdasws.login("john","john","");

If the time out is not set to -1, the its saying "operation timed out",
otherwise the error message is ...

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
stem.web.services.dll
Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
error occurred on a receive."

For your reference, i am giving java code too, please go through

com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl jdasImpl =null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASInterface port=null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult sr=null;
try {
jdasImpl = new com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl();
port = jdasImpl.getJDASInterfacePort();
sr =
(com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult)por t.login2("john","john","De
sc",true);
}
catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

Please help me in figuring out the exact problem.

Thanks & Best Regards
Narasimham AVL

"Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> there was a problem in .NET V1.0 where wsdl.exe (and I believe VS.NET as
> well) dropped the port from webservices not running at port 80.
>
> However with .NET v1.1 and VS.NET 2003 this problem no longer occurs. You
> can verify this by checking the generated reference.cs to see that the
> proper webservice endpoint is used (including :8080 if appropriate).
>
> Is the webservice accessible from non-.NET clients?
>
> -Dino
>

> "narasimham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Masters
> >
> > I have a webservice developed in Java which is running at port 8080.
> > I am getting operation timed out error.
> >
> > I have tried by chaning the url to (reference.cs) file which is

> appened
> > by ":80" after web site address followed by name space etc.
> >
> > Then it has waited upto 3 mins, then gave the same error.
> >
> > Could you please hlep in getting around this problem.
> >
> > Regards
> > Narasimham AVL

narasimham

Hi Mr. Dino

Thank you very much for responding
I am using VS.NET 2003 only.
I am able to access otherwebservice hosted on internet. (samples ...)
http://otn.oracle.com/ws/oracle.otn.ws.scott.OTNDeptEmp

http://www.webservicex.net/BibleWebservice.asmx

http://ws.digiposs.com/WorldTime.jws

Previously I was unable to access the above webservice probably due to
your reason being i was using VS.NET 2002.
Now, i faced no problem in accessing in above webservices, all are
working fine.

I am able to access the webserivce through java client which is
developed by us.
When the reference file is generated the port info is given as
(constructor)...

public JDASWS() {
this.Url = http://dti.fusiontech.com:80/jdas/jdas;
}

where the webservice is running actually at port 8080.
The code I have written to access the webmethod say (login) is ...

com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS jdasws = new com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS();
jdasws.Timeout = -1;
jdasws.login("john","john","");

If the time out is not set to -1, the its saying "operation timed out",
otherwise the error message is ...

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
stem.web.services.dll
Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
error occurred on a receive."

If I change the port in reference.cs to 8080 (form 80) as
http://dti.fusiontech.com:8080/jdas/jdas,
The error occured is ..

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
system.web.services.dll
Additional information: The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error
( The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) does not use a recognized protocol.
Either the protocol is not supported or the request was not typed correctly.
Confirm that a valid protocol is in use (for example, HTTP for a Web
request). )."

We don't have any proxy servers in between.

For your reference, i am giving java code too, please go through

com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl jdasImpl =null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASInterface port=null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult sr=null;
try {
jdasImpl = new com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl();
port = jdasImpl.getJDASInterfacePort();
sr =
(com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult)por t.login2("john","john","De
sc",true);
}
catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

Please help me in figuring out the exact problem, and suggest me a
solution.

Thanks & Best Regards
Narasimham AVL
(E-Mail Removed)