Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Service error

Web Service error

Pril

Example 'hello word' produce error (see below). Help me please!!!

Thanks in advance,

Primoz

error description

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 1201:
Line 1202: OperationBinding FindHttpBinding(string verb) {
Line 1203: foreach (ServiceDescription description in
serviceDescriptions) {
Line 1204: foreach (Binding binding in description.Bindings) {
Line 1205: HttpBinding httpBinding =
(HttpBinding)binding.Extensions.Find(typeof(HttpBi nding));

Source File:
d:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\ DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.a
spx Line: 1203

Stack Trace:

object.]
ASP.DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator_aspx.FindHttpBinding( String verb) in
d:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\ DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.a
spx:1203
ASP.DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator_aspx.get_HttpPostOper ationBinding() in
d:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\ DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.a
spx:441
ASP.DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator_aspx.get_ShowingHttpP ost() in
d:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\ DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.a
spx:456
ASP.DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator_aspx.__Render__contro l13(HtmlTextWriter
__output, Control parameterContainer) in
d:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\ DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.a
spx:1435
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +27
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter
writer) +29
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +72
System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243

ajay

Hi,

Please check the attributes of the Web Method.
If you want to make use of the session objects using Web
services, you need to activate one of the attributes of
the Web Method @EnableSession = true.
It's default value is false.

[Web Method (true)]

Hope this solves your problem.

Cheers

Ajay

execution of the
>current web request. Please review the stack trace for

more information
>about the error and where it originated in the code.
>
>Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object

reference not set