Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > webservice.htc and special characters

webservice.htc and special characters

Curia Damiano

I'm calling web-services from JavaScript using the webservice.htc
version 1.0.1.1120.
I'm passing a string parameter read from an input box.
If the user types something like '</>', the JavaScript raises an
exception.
I think the routine should automatically encode the parameters passed.
So am I wrong in something (es I should set something) or have I to do
something to make this encode happen (or I have to do it manually
before calling the web-service routine).
Thanks, Curia Damiano