Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Passing a Large String as a parameter to a web service

Passing a Large String as a parameter to a web service

Ashok Subramanian

Hello

I have a situation where I might pass a large string as a parameter to
a webservice. The string size could go upto 100 MB. Is there a timeout
or data truncation issue I might have? Any ideas are welcome..

Thanks
Ashok

richlm

With a parameter of that size, you probably want to look
at sending it as an attachment. There could be some
architectural/peformance issues otherwise.
Look at DIME or WS-Attachments for inspiration.
(FYI - I am not speaking from experience - just a gut
feeling...)

richlm
itcoaches.dk