Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Services and Unmanaged Code

Web Services and Unmanaged Code

eynav

Hello,

We are new in the .NET environment,
and we have a working web app under Windows environment.

I'm building a .NET Web Service in C#,
and I wish to access objects and methods generated from an already existing
C++ code.

How can it be done?

Thanks,
Eynav

Chris Botha

On the MS Web site, search for "Consuming Unmanaged DLL Functions", or have
a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...lfunctions.asp
Watch out for line-breaks in the above hyperlink.

"eynav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> We are new in the .NET environment,
> and we have a working web app under Windows environment.
>
> I'm building a .NET Web Service in C#,
> and I wish to access objects and methods generated from an already

existing
> C++ code.
>
> How can it be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Eynav

eynav

Thanks.

From what I understand,
the article referenced shows how to consume Win API dll's.

Our problem is how to consume our (c++) dll functions, in new c# webservice.

The problem is information about this issue is scattered and not organize so
that I'm quite confused,
and dont know how to start.
My guess is that relevant (MSDN) articles would be:
1. Converting Managed Extensions for C++ Projects from Pure Intermediate
Language to Mixed Mode.
2. Visual Studio .NET: Managed Extensions Bring .NET CLR Support to C++.
Am I anywhere close?

Thanks, Eynav.

"Chris Botha" <chris_s_botha@AT_h.o.t.m.a.i.l.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On the MS Web site, search for "Consuming Unmanaged DLL Functions", or

have
> a look at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cpguide/htm
l/cpconconsumingunmanageddllfunctions.asp
> Watch out for line-breaks in the above hyperlink.
>
> "eynav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are new in the .NET environment,
> > and we have a working web app under Windows environment.
> >
> > I'm building a .NET Web Service in C#,
> > and I wish to access objects and methods generated from an already

> existing
> > C++ code.
> >
> > How can it be done?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eynav

Chris Botha

There is no difference in calling Windows API and calling functions in your
own C++ DLLs, or do you mean you want to instantiate a C++ class by calling
"new MyCppClass"? If the latter, then I'm not sure (I haven't seen it),
except for writing a second C++ wrapper DLL (or adding to the existing DLL),
functions that "new" the C++ classes and serves as an interface to the C#
code.

Calling unmanaged code is the same in normal .net Windows apps as in Web
Services, so also check out the "dotnet.framework" and
"dotnet.languages.csharp" newsgroups.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...