Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Setting the SOAP header value?

Setting the SOAP header value?

Dave

Hi, I'm using .NET 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. I just
want understand something on setting the SOAP headers in
a client app. At...

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...lus/doc/secure
services.aspx

It states the following on how set the username/password
in client aspx.

Dim h As New HeaderService
Dim myHeader As New AuthHeader
myHeader.Username = "JohnDoe"
myHeader.Password = "password"
h.AuthHeader = myHeader
Dim result As String = h.SecureMethod()

However, when followed this example the h.AuthHeader
wasn't available. Instead the h.sHeader (the public
variable declared as type AuthHeader in the Web Service)
was available instead.

It still worked but I've seen other examples that
reference the actual SOAP Header class name instead of
the variable name or even a property
called "AuthHeaderValue" in ASP.NET Unleashed and on
MSDN. Are these typos, changes in .NET versions, or am
I not seeing something?

How to add SOAP header to a SOAP message? Peter van der veen ASP .Net Web Services 6 11-14-2006 06:44 PM
SOAP over JMS vs SOAP over HTTP Nagesh Java 2 08-12-2006 12:31 AM
To SOAP or Not To SOAP? mooseshoes XML 3 09-21-2003 04:38 PM
SOAP Client creation in ASP.NET using MS SOAP Toolkit Sham Ramakrishnan ASP .Net 2 07-01-2003 11:29 AM

Advertisments