Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Secure web services used by ASP & ASP.NET

Secure web services used by ASP & ASP.NET

Dave

Hi,

I'm developing Web Services in ASP.NET that have two
requirements:

1.) Need use SSL to encrypt login credentials to use the
web services.

2.) The services will be used by Classic ASP and ASP.NET
client apps.

I've read you can just encrypt the soap headers to pass
login credentials and that it's easy to create a Proxy
classes to call the web service if the client is
ASP.NET.

However, I have client apps that still use Classic ASP.
How do you create proxy classes to use in this
environment? Do I require them to use the
MSSoap.SoapClient object?

Thanks, Dave.