Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > EditTemplate

EditTemplate

simon

When user clicks the edit button I would like that panel is inserted between
the rows in datagrid.
In this panel I have all the fields for some record, I update them and then
rebind the dataGrid.

In fact, now you have to write <EditItemTemplate> for each item, but I would
like to write some kind of
<EditRowTemplate> for entire row. Is it possible?

Thank you,
Simon

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

simon wrote:
> In fact, now you have to write <EditItemTemplate> for each item, but I would
> like to write some kind of
> <EditRowTemplate> for entire row. Is it possible?

This is not possible with the built-in DataGrid control. Although you
could probably achieve this functionality if you rolled your own server
control...

--

Scott Mitchell
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Textbox value in the edittemplate of a datalist doesn't report the changes Antonio D'Ottavio ASP .Net 2 09-26-2005 03:26 PM
Controls inside EditTemplate cause editing to end Nathan Sokalski ASP .Net 10 09-09-2005 12:45 AM
Error in EditTemplate PawelR ASP .Net 1 03-23-2005 12:07 PM
DropdownList in EditTemplate Yan Wang ASP .Net 2 05-24-2004 05:09 AM
Accesing Items in datalist edittemplate Gönen EREN ASP .Net 0 08-22-2003 05:12 PM

Advertisments