Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Bizarre Web Service Error

Bizarre Web Service Error

Jay Robinson

The following text is the result of calling a web service
(FN003) locally using the test page. During its
processing, the web service calls a second web service
(FN006) on the same box.

It appears to be searching for a missing temporary dll,
though I have no idea why. The name of the dll changes
from one call to the next. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
unable to process request. --->
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name
eskxr3nz.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "eskxr3nz.dll"
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName
fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence
assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly
locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me
assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence
assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName
assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity)
at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_Compil edAssemb
ly()
at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_Compil edAssemb
ly()
at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMap ping
[] xmlMappings)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMapping s
(XmlMapping[] mappings)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerType..ctor
(Type type, ProtocolsEnum versionsSupported)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.I nitializ
e()
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactor y.Create
(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request,
HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\DOCUME~1\S03
\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\eskxr3nz.dll
LOG: Appbase = file:///F:/FrakesNet/FN006
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time
(private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly
bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/DOCUME~1/S03/ASPNET/LOCALS~1/Temp/eskxr3nz.dll.

at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadR
esponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response,
Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invok
e(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at FN003.FN006.IndustryCodeService.GetIndustry(Int32
Code)
at FN003.PublicService.GetJobProfile(String JobID)

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

there is an error in the XML serializer than can sometimes lead to this
symptom.
In the case where you have particularly complex object graph, involving
jagged arrays without a specific attriubute applied to them, the Xml
Serializer will choke. If you apply the attribute, the serializer will be
fine.

See http://tinyurl.com/rqwl

to troubleshoot this, I would recommend:
1. examine your datatypes for a jagged or 2-d array
2. simplify the data types being sent and received to simple types
3. add in complexity, until you see the error
4. apply the attribute and see if this resolves your issue

There can be other causes of this mystifying message, but this is the one I
have seen most commonly.

-Dino

news:034801c394eb$75f239a0$(E-Mail Removed)...