Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

Mats-Erik Grundh

No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

How do you programatically configure wich server to
access?

My environment:
- Locahost.
- Test server.
- Production server.

My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
development server, test server and production server and
i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop, or
som other way, on
which server to access webservice from, like this:

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec. exe
http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy

the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run
webservice on.

PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference
properties but i cant find a way to programatically
change
the settings in application.config file.

Thanks in advance!

Brett Keown [MSFT]

Hi Mats-Erik,

Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Public Newsgroups. I have reviewed
your issue and though I have been told that what you are wanting to do is
not possible, I am working on getting a more definitive answer and
explanation as to "why" its not possible. Thank you for your continued
patience.

Brett Keown
Microsoft Support

Aaron Meyers

If you want to connect back to the server you came from,
you can use the
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.Applicati onBase
property. In your example, this would be
http://ozzy/conet/client/bin ; you can use the Uri class
to easily extract out the server name.

As Brett mentioned, I'm not aware of any way to pass
actual params to IEExec. The method above may be all you
need though?

Aaron Meyers
ActiveViews, Inc.

Mats-Erik Grundh

It's ok to use same server (ApplicationBase) to connect
you webservices. But the question is how do i address the
webservice calls to that server? I dont want to use the
url property.