Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Please help!! ASP.NET isnt working!

Please help!! ASP.NET isnt working!

Rick

Hi,

I just installed IIS and when I tried browsing the link:

http://localhost

it says:

"you are not authorized to view this page"
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

I am on the administrator account and using Windows XP professional. I
tried all sorts of things, http://computer_name, http://dnsserver but
it just wont work. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks

Rick

Lauchlan M

This is not an ASP.NET problem, it is an IIS problem. Why not try on the IIS
newsgroup?

Lauchlan M

> I just installed IIS and when I tried browsing the link:
>
> http://localhost
>
> it says:
>
> "you are not authorized to view this page"
> HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

Kristofer Gafvert

Hi,

Is Anonymous Access enabled?

--
Regards,
Kristofer Gafvert

Problems with spam and viruses? See
http://www.ilopia.com/security/newsposting.aspx

"Rick" <rrquick@nospam-com> wrote in message
news:3f89f546$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I just installed IIS and when I tried browsing the link:
>
> http://localhost
>
> it says:
>
> "you are not authorized to view this page"
> HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
>
> I am on the administrator account and using Windows XP professional. I
> tried all sorts of things, http://computer_name, http://dnsserver but
> it just wont work. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks
>
> Rick

Jeffrey

What kind of page are you trying to open? an .aspx one? if so, have u
registered the asp.net files with IIS?

"Rick" <rrquick@nospam-com> wrote in message
news:3f89f546$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I just installed IIS and when I tried browsing the link:
>
> http://localhost
>
> it says:
>
> "you are not authorized to view this page"
> HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
>
> I am on the administrator account and using Windows XP professional. I
> tried all sorts of things, http://computer_name, http://dnsserver but
> it just wont work. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks
>
> Rick

Rick

Yes anonymous access is enabled and I am trying to access the default
page (i just installed IIS). I can't get to make it work at all Any
ideas? Thanks!

Rick