Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Consuming Java Web Services with .NET

Consuming Java Web Services with .NET

Sasson Havusha

I am not able to consume Java web services from .NET client. In an attempt
to debug the problem, I created a simple HelloWorld web service that returns
a string. I am using the WSDL definition generated by .NET to consume both
services (.NET and Java/Tomcat). The binding style is document (wrapped)
since it is the default style generated by .NET. .NET binds the web service
properly and creates the correct proxy object. When I use the proxy object
to consume the .NET service, it returns the correct result. However, when I
use the same proxy (with a different value of the url property) to consume
the service from Java, .NET returns a null value. The returned soap messages
of both services are identical with the exception of the HTTP headers. Note
that .NET returns the correct result if the binding style of the Java
service is rpc.