Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Allowing Intranet access to a Web Service

Allowing Intranet access to a Web Service

Darshan Mehta

I am using IIS 5.1, ASP.Net 2003 & VB.net 2003 to create
web services.

I am testing Intranet(LAN) access with the Hello World
Web service.

So far I have changed the web.config file as follows:
<allowusers = "*,?"/>
localonly="false">

I have also enabled anonymous access to the web service.

But when i enter the url of the .asmx file in IE6.0 I
still get the message "This method is available only for
local requests."

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Darshan

Jan Tielens

Hi

I assume you are trying your webservice using the default test page. This
test pages (using http/html) is only available (by default) on your local
machine. But the actual webservice using http/soap will be available form
any pc you want. So if you want to test your webserivce, you could use a
small test application that accesses the webservice. You can change this
behavior and make the test page accessible from any computer, but I would
suggest using the WebServiceStudio
(http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/U...ampleGuid=65a1
d4ea-0f7a-41bd-8494-e916ebc4159c).

Jan
http://weblogs.asp.net/jan

news:08d301c38b9f$d752e1e0$(E-Mail Removed)...