Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Service and Swedish Character Encoding

Web Service and Swedish Character Encoding

Bo Wiklund

I am building an XML Web Service, the Client in Delphi 7,
the Server in MS ASP NET C# and with a database in SQL
2000. When I send Swedish characters ( ) to the
server they will be stored as ?? (doubble question mark).
If I write the characters manually in the database, the
client can download and read them correctly. The problem
is only in one direction from the Delphi Client to the
server. The correct encoding should be ISO-8859-1, but
how to implement it.
I have been struggling with this problem for a long time
and I am running out of ideas. Can anyone please give me
a hint what is going on?