Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Com+ NT authentication for ActiveX control SQL Server fails

Com+ NT authentication for ActiveX control SQL Server fails

reddy

Hello,
I m having trouble connecting to SQL Server from a
serviced component using Microsoft's ActiveX Merge control
with NT authentication. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Here are some of the scenarios I tested.

Scenario 1:In a Web Service: when I used Microsoft ActiveX
Merge Control with NT Credentials , it failes to connect ,
but with DB credentials it works fine.

Scenario 2: In desktop application : when I use Microsoft
ActiveX Merge Control with NT Credentials , DB credentials
both work fine.

Scenario 3: In Web Service: when I modified machine.config
file in processmodel to include the username and password,
then both NT and DB credentails work fine with ActiveX
Merge Control.

Whats happening is when I use the ActiveX control in a web
service, its taking the credentials from machine.config
file which I think are used by asp_wp.exe process. My
problem is to force this ActiveX Merge control to use the
NT Credentials. so for that reason, developed an
dataaccess.dll , registered in component services with a
user account. How do I force
the Merge control which is being used inside this com+ dll
to use com+ credentials? I debugged the code of com+, the
code is running under the com+ user account, but
for some reason the Merge control is not picking up that
user credentials. Also one more thing, in the com+, I also
used regular connection object with NT credentials, they
work fine. any ideas on how to force the Activex Merge
control to use user credentials from the com+?

..