Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > DiscoCodeGenerator cannot be initialized

DiscoCodeGenerator cannot be initialized

Hardy

I'm about to create my first web services using VS.NET
2003 ans VB.NET and everything works really fine. But,
when I add a web reference to my Windows ws client, I get
a warning 'DiscoCodeGenerator cannot initialize the code
generatator. No code has been generated.' (or similar, it
is actually in German). And the reference.vb file only
contains the empty sceleton. A few days ago, everything
still worked well.

I have reinstalled VS.NET completely and made some test
with a very basic web service ('Hello World'), it doesn't
work anymore.

Has anybody an idea that could help me?

Best regards
Hardy

Parker Zhang [MSFT]

Hi,

It seems a problem.

When you write web services, plesae use different Name spaces to different
web service files.

<WebService(Namespace := "http://www.contoso.com/")>

If you have any Qs, please reply to this post.

--
Parker Zhang
Microsoft Developer Support