Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > TcpClient fails in web service but OK in win app

TcpClient fails in web service but OK in win app

S A

I have a C# bridge program that downloads data using TcpClient, & it
works fine as a standard Windows application. When I expose the same
method as a web service, TcpClient no longer works: connect() throws "a
socket operation encountered a dead network" exception. I assume IIS is
blocking the bridge, but I do not know what permissions settings to
change.

TCPClient App Question Frank ASP .Net 1 12-19-2005 05:52 PM
python service running on Win Xp, but failing on Win NT Workstation :( Ringwraith Python 4 01-27-2004 07:07 PM
Strange problem with System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient() Torsten Brasch ASP .Net 5 01-07-2004 04:51 AM
TcpClient Jeremy Summers ASP .Net 0 10-20-2003 11:05 PM

Advertisments