Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Smart Card Authentication

Smart Card Authentication

=?Utf-8?B?bm9vZGxlcw==?=

I have a ASP.Net application, and I want to authenticate the user against a smart card. Can anyone help me out? Sample code would be great, but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be cool too

Thank

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Generally Smart Cards are used as your logon method to Windows.
Then you'd just use standard windows authentication for your ASP.NET
application.
Here's more info on that:
http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxt...ntication.aspx

If you want to get any fancier than that, you'll need an ActiveX control or
a thick client of some kind to be able to talk directly to the smart card
reader.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP