Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Routers fail to connect - Dell 2300

Routers fail to connect - Dell 2300

john.traynor@cox.net

I'm working with two Dell 2300 TrueMobile Wireless Routers, and I'm at
the end of my rope. I can successfully configure the two units to
network bridge. However, when I configure the units to use either
WPA-PSK or WEP they fail to communicate to each other. Oddly, a laptop
similarily configured can make a connection to either router. Both
units are at the same firmware level (5.1.1.6 - 01/31/04) which is the
last one offered by Dell.

So far 4 hours on the phone with Dell Wireless support has been of no
help. I'm now waiting for a response from "REC" whatever that is. I
suspect the firmware, but am obviously unable to go any further on my
own.

Anybody out there ever heard of a similar situation? Thanks.

mohawkspa

How are they connected. Are you using a crossover cable between them, or
depending on a wireless connection?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm working with two Dell 2300 TrueMobile Wireless Routers, and I'm at
> the end of my rope. I can successfully configure the two units to
> network bridge. However, when I configure the units to use either
> WPA-PSK or WEP they fail to communicate to each other. Oddly, a laptop
> similarily configured can make a connection to either router. Both
> units are at the same firmware level (5.1.1.6 - 01/31/04) which is the
> last one offered by Dell.
>
> So far 4 hours on the phone with Dell Wireless support has been of no
> help. I'm now waiting for a response from "REC" whatever that is. I
> suspect the firmware, but am obviously unable to go any further on my
> own.
>
> Anybody out there ever heard of a similar situation? Thanks.

john.traynor@cox.net

No cabling between routers, purely a wireless environment. Router 1 is
cabled into the modem and acts as the gateway, with one desktop PC
cable connected. Router 2 is several rooms away, configured as the
WAP, bridged to Router 1.