Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Please help me to pass a file!

Please help me to pass a file!

Daniel Johansson

Hello everyone

Im am trying to pass a binary file from a web service to a client.(managed
c++)
I wanīt to use dataset.
If I put down the files in a dataset I loose information
I got the tip the use DIME
It doesnīt work.
Not with WSE 1.0 SP1 or WSE 2.0
If I choose to enable the WSE on "WSE Settings" under the "Project"
I get the errormessage
"The WSE must be installed to enable this feature"
can this be of importance? Do I need a service pack 2 to .NET?
Have I missed anything during the installation process?
Are there any other possibility to:

"pass a binary file in a dataset from a web service to a client"

This is my problem, and it must have been solved before, again, the problem
must have been solved before. I canīt be the first person with this problem.

Hence my question is? Is this even possible? Iīm pretty sure that I use a
correct
syntax, I have been in contact with Christian Meyer, MVP and he is also
pretty sure
that my code is accurate.

With the upmost highest regards

// Daniel