Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Reference calls Serializable which won't compile

Web Reference calls Serializable which won't compile

Stefan Barlow

After I assign a web reference to my C#.net web service within my Pocket PC
project, when I compile I get the following errors. The problem is when I
generate the web reference, it uses these classes which apparently are not
available for the CF? Why would it generate code referencing unavailable
clases that won't compile for my web service, but not for other services I
tried?

The type or namespace name 'Serializable' could not be found (are you
missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'ToolboxItem' does not exist in the class or
namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'SerializationInfo' could not be found (are you
missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'Browsable' does not exist in the class or
namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'DesignerSerializationVisibilityAttribute' does