Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Can I send a status other than HTTP 500 during a SOAP Fault?

Can I send a status other than HTTP 500 during a SOAP Fault?

Tony V

Hi,

Can I set the HTTP status return code to something other than 500 in a
C# web service when a Soap Fault is thrown?

I want to override the default SOAP behavior of return HTTP 500 when a
fault is thrown.

Reason being is that a Java Application with an older JDK is calling
my service and when it recieved the 500 error the class on the Java
End will not let them read the body so they can't retrieve the SOAP
fault. Unfortunately upgrading to a new Java JDK is not an option
since we are in an enterprise environment and the admins won't allow
it.

Thanks,

Tony