Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Receiving an intermittent SecureChannelFailure exception

Receiving an intermittent SecureChannelFailure exception

Rob Epler

We have run into an intermittent Exception being thrown on one of our
webservices. At times (not always) when we send a SOAP request to an
external webservice using SSL (hosted on a WebLogic server I believe) we
receive a SecureChannelFailure exception.

It does not happen every request, maybe 1 out of 5 times it will throw the
SecureChannelFailure exception. There is not a great deal of information
about this exception on MSDN, so we are at a loss as to possible root
causes. What really leaves us scratching our heads is why the exception does
not occur on each request.

Any help someone could give would be tremendously appreciated - if there is
a problem on either end of this transaction we need to know the cause or
even a good place to start looking to diagnose it.

Thanks,
Rob Epler

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Rob,

Thanks for posting in the group. I am looking for somebody who could help you on it.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "Rob Epler" <(E-Mail Removed)>
!Subject: Receiving an intermittent SecureChannelFailure exception
!Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:10:32 -0400
!Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices,m icrosoft.public.web
services
!