Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebService for a C++ MFC Application via COM Automation

WebService for a C++ MFC Application via COM Automation

Frank Traenkle

Hi,

I would like to start and access a native C++ MFC application from an
ASP.NET webservice via COM automation. Or to put in other words: I would
like to add a webservice to the application so that it can be controlled
remotely via SOAP. The application already has a COM automation interface.
But what makes it bad is that the application needs admin rights and that it
opens GUIs.

Is that possible in the first place? And if so, how do I set the webservice
authorization rights correctly? How do I tell the application which log-in
and which desktop to use?

I have already succeeded in remotely controlling the application from a
standalone C# application via COM.

Any help is greatly welcome.

Frank

--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Tränkle - Kirchenfeldstr. 47 - 71729 Erdmannhausen - Germany
Phone +49 (0)7144 816000