Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Zero Wireless Config Service always disabled after logoff

Zero Wireless Config Service always disabled after logoff

scott.phillips@drake.edu

Does anyone have an idea why the Windows ZWC service would change from
automatic to disabled every time I logoff or restart? I have completely
removed the linksys admin software that came with the card, thinking
that it was trying to wrestle control, but am still having the same
problem?

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea why the Windows ZWC service would change from
> automatic to disabled every time I logoff or restart? I have completely
> removed the linksys admin software that came with the card, thinking
> that it was trying to wrestle control, but am still having the same
> problem?

Something still sits there and keeps disabling wzcsvc.

--PA

GTS

I recently ran into a similar problem with some Linksys units which, exactly
as you speculated, were grabbing control. (Uninstalling the admin program
might not fix what the driver itself is doing.) Downloading newer drivers
from Linksys resolved it.
--

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Does anyone have an idea why the Windows ZWC service would change from
> automatic to disabled every time I logoff or restart? I have completely
> removed the linksys admin software that came with the card, thinking
> that it was trying to wrestle control, but am still having the same
> problem?
>
> Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

=?Utf-8?B?TGV3aXM=?=

This happens if the operating system does not see the wireless NIC. If you
are using a USB or other type external that would be a cause

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea why the Windows ZWC service would change from
> automatic to disabled every time I logoff or restart? I have completely
> removed the linksys admin software that came with the card, thinking
> that it was trying to wrestle control, but am still having the same
> problem?
>
> Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

=?Utf-8?B?Qm8=?=

Well I've seen the problem on a DELL Latitude with an Intel PROWireless 2200
netcard. The problem could be solved by enabling WZC in the driver.