Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > absolute positioning in vs 2008

absolute positioning in vs 2008

rahul gupta

hey friends i was using vs 2008 for windows app earlier.
but when i moved to asp.net web site page development.
i was unable to adjust my controls.
vs 2008 by defalut takes conrol in flow layout.
this situation is ****ing man.
the only solution i came to know after hours of googling is that we
have to individually set each postion type to absolute position.
this is not a permanent solution
so i have to shift to vs 2005 where we have layout position ang we can
by default set each and every control to absolute positioning.
but i want to work in vs 2008 ...is there any permanent solution to
this prob.??????

Klaus Moedinger

On 20.08.2010 08:35, rahul gupta wrote:

> vs 2008 by defalut takes conrol in flow layout.
> this situation is ****ing man.

It makes sense for web apps in most cases. I guess, that's why Microsoft
choose to use flow layout as a default.

> the only solution i came to know after hours of googling is that we
> have to individually set each postion type to absolute position.
> this is not a permanent solution
> so i have to shift to vs 2005 where we have layout position ang we can
> by default set each and every control to absolute positioning.
> but i want to work in vs 2008 ...is there any permanent solution to
> this prob.??????

Tools, Options, HTML Designer, CSS Styling, Change positioning to
absolute for controls added using Toolbox, paste or drag and drop.

Best regards,
Klaus

--
http://www.klaus-moedinger.de