Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Master Page and Content Page

Master Page and Content Page

MarcAlexander

I have a master and a content page.
All tags like html, form, scriptmanager, etc are on the master page.
In the content page there is only the content and a reference to the master
page file.

I have derived some classes like own Buttons and TextBoxes which are part of
the content.
In these classes, Events like Click and TextChanged are assigned to Methods.
But the events do not happen.

If I put all tags of the master page into the content page and have no
master page, the events are back.

So why are there no events if I use a master page and how can I get the
events back using a master page ?

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate System.

Nathan Sokalski

I am not yet using Windows 7, but it is usually the browser and browser
version that is more important for ASP.NET. Anyway, for anybody to really
help you here, I think you will need to post your code, probably the parts
where you declare and handle the events would be most helpful.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

"MarcAlexander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a master and a content page.
> All tags like html, form, scriptmanager, etc are on the master page.
> In the content page there is only the content and a reference to the
> master
> page file.
>
> I have derived some classes like own Buttons and TextBoxes which are part
> of
> the content.
> In these classes, Events like Click and TextChanged are assigned to
> Methods.
> But the events do not happen.
>
> If I put all tags of the master page into the content page and have no
> master page, the events are back.
>
> So why are there no events if I use a master page and how can I get the
> events back using a master page ?
>
> I have a Windows 7 Ultimate System.

rob^_^

Hi,

Is there a complete postback <form> block in your master page that contains
your Content?

Do not place <form> tags in your content.

Regards.