Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Different Behavior of the Sitemapdatasource Object

Different Behavior of the Sitemapdatasource Object

Elan Dro

I have developed a web application using VB.Net 2008 (3.5
SP1). I have used ASP Menu Control along with the
Sitemapdatasource for the left side menu of my application.
It works great from my VS.Net Built in Web Service. It's
displaying the menu details from the site map.

But after publishing the web site to the IIS. i'm not
getting the menu. becaz the sitemapdatasource is not
returning anything to the menu control now.

But i'm not sure about this behavior of the
Sitemapdatasource Object.

some of the config details for your reference,

Web.Config file
<siteMap defaultProvider="LeftMenuProvider">
<providers>
<add name="LeftMenuProvider"
type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider"
siteMapFile="SiteMaps/MasterLeftMenu.sitemap"
securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/>
</providers>
</siteMap>

ASPX file
<asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server"
DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1" >
</asp:Menu>
<asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1"
runat="server" SiteMapProvider ="LeftMenuProvider"
ShowStartingNode ="false" />

Can anyone help me to come out of this ???

Stan

On 15 July, 08:01, Elan Dro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have developed a web application using VB.Net 2008 (3.5
> SP1). I have used ASP Menu Control along with the
> Sitemapdatasource for the left side menu of my application.
> It works great from my VS.Net Built in Web Service. It's
> displaying the menu details from the site map.
>
> But after publishing the web site to the IIS. i'm not
> getting the menu. becaz the sitemapdatasource is not
> returning anything to the menu control now.
>
> But i'm not sure about this behavior of the
> Sitemapdatasource Object.
>
> some of the config details for your reference,
>
> Web.Config file
> <siteMap defaultProvider="LeftMenuProvider">
> <providers>
> <add name="LeftMenuProvider"
> type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider"
> siteMapFile="SiteMaps/MasterLeftMenu.sitemap"
> securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/>
> </providers>
> </siteMap>
>
> ASPX file
> <asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server"
> DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1" >
> </asp:Menu>
> <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1"
> runat="server" SiteMapProvider ="LeftMenuProvider"
> ShowStartingNode ="false" */>
>
> Can anyone help me to come out of this ???
>
> *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

The problem is very likely to be the named provider which isn't set up
properly on the actual site. The code for it may be missing from the
assembly.

Try removing all references to that from the web.config and aspx
files. It should work by default using the built-in sitemap provider.
If you name one you have to supply all the code to meet the interface
requirements.

Using menu control with sitemapdatasource gjergj@hotmail.com ASP .Net 1 04-25-2008 01:12 PM
SiteMapDataSource shapper ASP .Net 0 09-25-2006 02:59 PM
SiteMapDataSource for windows application =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?= ASP .Net 0 06-04-2006 05:54 PM
hide root menu item (no sitemapdatasource used!) Daves ASP .Net 2 04-21-2006 11:56 PM
Using menu control with sitemapdatasource gjergj@hotmail.com ASP .Net 0 11-04-2005 09:00 PM

Advertisments